- 3 medium potatoes washed, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder amount can be adjusted for heat
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder optional
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds optional
- 1 bunch coriander finely chopped.
Heat oil in a medium-sized pot on medium heat and add the garlic paste. Cook for 30 seconds and then add the potatoes. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Now add the spices (red chili powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder) and cook for 10-15 seconds and then add the water. The potatoes should be almost completely submerged in the water.
Cook on low heat until the potatoes have cooked through and the water has evaporated. The curry will be thick in consistency.
If the potatoes aren’t cooked through, then add additional water (about 1/2 cup water) and cook until the potatoes are cooked through.
Add in the nigella seeds and cook for 30 seconds.
Add in the coriander and cook for 30 seconds.
Serve with rice or naan.